EVERY Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday
Stay tuned and… stay safe! Leave all the rest to us!
Imagine life in a palace 4000 years ago, with all the splendour of royalty. The Palace of Knossos and King Minos is a true archaeological masterpiece that will take you on a tour of what life was like in Minoan Crete, representing Europe’s earliest city and civilisation.
Begin your 2-hour trip to Heraklion and Knossos in the morning, stopping for breakfast at the picturesque seaside town of Rethymnon. Head on to the Palace for a professional tour of its terraces, halls, bathing quarters, and stores. Unlike palaces of recent times, Knossos palace was not just the home of royalty, but the centre of government, trade, art, economy and food storage.
You can still see evidence of how the palace was decorated with bright colours, admire the mixed stone and wood architecture, feel the energy of the ancient world and learn about a mysterious early society that only lived to middle age, despite all its achievements.
After a magnificent tour, head to the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion, which will impress you with its walk through different Cretan civilisations spanning over 5,500 years of history. You’ll find fine pieces of jewellery and objects from the palace itself, many excavated by notable British archaeologist Sir Arthur Evans (1851–1941) and his team over 35 years.
After admiring the museum’s collections, walk around the alleyways of Heraklion and enjoy lunch in Crete’s seaside capital before heading back to Chania in the afternoon.
Free time for a walk around town and lunch. The departure is at 15:30 and the arrival back to Chania is around 18:00.
Knossos was the palace of King Minos and is beautifully decorated with frescoes depicting scenes in beautiful vivid colors. We depart and, after a while, we arrive at the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion, where all the original pieces from Knossos and other archaeological sites including murals, complex gold and carved jewels are concentrated.
PICK UP FROM YOUR HOTEL (Or near to your Hotel) from KOLIMBARI – TAVRONITIS – MALEME – GERANI – PLATANIAS – AGIA MARINA – STALOS – KALAMAKI – AG.APOSTOLOI – CHANIA TOWN:
- Day of Knossos trip: Tuesday, Wednesday & Sunday
- Pick Up
- cost 40 €
- Pick up from the hotel or designated meeting points around Kissamos and Chania
- Stop 1: optional refreshment on the outskirts of Rethymnon
- Stop 2: reach Knossos at around 10.30 am and enjoy tour with guide around 1 hour and 45 minutes
- Stop 3: walk and shop around Heraklion city for an hour (around 1 pm)
- Stop 4: quick refreshment break on the road for 20 minutes
- Return to hotels and drop-off points (around 7 pm)
BOOK YOUR TICKET
· Book through our contact form
· Book by email: email@example.com
· Book by phone: +30 28220 22900 (after-hours +30 694 7091549)
Our location: Iroon Polytechneiou Street number 131, Kissamos (50 meters after Alpha Bank at the left side of the road from Chania)
GPS address: Iroon Polytechneiou 131, Kissamos
– English guiding
– Orange juice (light refreshment in Fodele)
- 40 euros (trip only) per person from Chania area
- 50 euros (trip only) per person from Kissamos area
- Add 16 euros combined ticket for Knossos Palace and Archaeological Museum (Palace by itself 10 euros, and museum by itself 6 euros).
- Free for childrens up to 18 years of age
- Half price for adults 64 years and over (8 euros combined ticket)
Does not include food, beverage and refreshments
- Bottle of water
- Hat and sun glasses
Information / Reservations
fill the “Request Form” or Tel.+30 28220 22900 / +30 694 7091549 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly send your request at least 24 hours so we can process it. Eleni or Yannis will get back to you as soon as possible.